You’ve finally done it. You decided to seek dual citizenship and get a second passport. And you want to obtain citizenship by investment.
It’s your first step towards making a huge change in your life. It’s a decision that will impact both you and your family. You’ve weighed the pros and cons, and you’ve seen that the benefits outweigh the problems. But there’s one problem. In which country should you obtain citizenship? It’s not very easy to decide, is it? That’s what this post is about. In this post, you will learn the top ten countries for obtaining citizenship by investment.
What The Heck Is Citizenship By Investment?
Citizenship by investment is a way of obtaining citizenship in countries that allow it. It’s a practice that enables you to streamline the naturalization process. It cuts down the time it takes to become a citizen of a particular country. For wealthy families, obtaining dual citizenship is something that can provide great benefits.
Getting citizenship by investment typically involves making a major contribution to the country’s society, economy, or culture. Governments typically allow citizenship by investment because they want to encourage more wealthy families to reside in their country.
This may sound like a program that allows you to simply gain citizenship by buying it. However, this isn’t truly the case. Even when you are attempting to gain citizenship by investment, you may still be required to meet certain criteria. This might include residing in the country for a specific amount of time and being subject to a background check.
What’s So Great About Dual Citizenship?
There are several reasons why a family might choose to obtain dual citizenship. It can provide numerous benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Freedom to travel: If you obtain citizenship in a country that is part of the European Union, you are able to travel freely to any other country that is also a part of the EU.
- Services: You are able to take advantage of the healthcare, education, and security services that the nation provides.
- Finances: Many countries offer a return on investment to their investors. In some cases, you can get a buy-back guarantee once you qualify for citizenship.
- Taxes: Investors are able to take advantage of the tax benefits of dual citizenship. You can decide which country has the tax policy that best fits your needs.
If you are in a position to attain dual citizenship, you can greatly improve your quality of life.
Bulgaria is known as one of the best countries for people who are interested in dual citizenship. The Bulgarian Immigrant Investor Program provides numerous benefits for those who are seeking dual citizenship. This is especially true for business owners. Here are some of the benefits to becoming a Bulgarian citizen:
- It has the lowest corporate tax rate in Europe.
- Lower labor costs.
- Less expensive to operate a business.
Bulgaria is also a part of the European Union, which means you will be able to live and work anywhere else in the union.
Canada isn’t part of the European Union, but it does provide some excellent benefits to those who want to obtain citizenship.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a Canadian citizen:
- You can live outside of Canada without time limit.
- Your Canadian citizenship would pass on to your children.
- Easier access to the United States.
- You can become a candidate in Canadian elections.
You can also take advantage of Canada’s universal health care program. As a Canadian citizen, any children born to you outside Canada will be Canadian citizens.
Malta is a great place to obtain citizenship. Especially if you plan to travel to the United States often. Being a Maltese citizen enables you to work and live in any country that is part of the European Union.
But that’s not all. As a Maltese citizen, you can travel to the United States without a visa because of their visa waiver program. Along with the United States, you can travel visa-free to 166 other countries. If you’re someone who travels frequently, Maltese citizenship can make your life much easier.
Austrian citizenship is helpful to anyone who travels frequently throughout Europe. It is a part of the Schengen Agreement. The Schengen Agreement allows free travel in the 25 countries that are a part of the agreement.
Another great benefit is the fact that Austria has a positive reputation. Its foreign policy has enabled it to forge friendly relationships with many other countries. This means you won’t have to worry about any issues coming up as a result of international tensions.
One of the main reasons why Cyprus citizenship is popular is because it’s easier to obtain. Unlike other countries, you are not required to donate money to the government. Not only that, you won’t be required to reside in the country before, during, or after obtaining citizenship. You can actually get your citizenship within 4 months of applying.
Here are some of the other benefits:
- You can travel anywhere you want in the EU.
- Your whole family can obtain citizenship.
- There are no obstacles to selling your product or services in any country that is a member of the EU.
- They have one of the best tax systems in the world.
- Cyprus has one of the lowest crime rates in the EU.
- Visa-free travel to 50 other non-EU countries.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to obtain dual citizenship, Cyprus might be the best choice.
Dominica is a great choice for citizenship if you’re looking for a less expensive option. While it’s not free, it won’t cost as much as other nations. Your whole family can obtain citizenship for your whole family for less money than you would pay in other nations for one person!
Not only is it less expensive, it also allows for more freedom of travel. You can travel visa-free to 91 different countries.
Grenada is another country that gives you a quicker way to obtain dual citizenship. The process takes only 4 months. Not only that, it also includes any children under 25 years old and dependent parents older than 65.
Grenada does not have any residency requirements. You don’t even need to travel there. They won’t even require you to have an interview.
A Grenada passport allows you to travel visa-free to over 100 countries.
Grenada also has an investor visa agreement (the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa) with the United States. This agreement allows a Grenadan citizen to reside and operate a business in the US.
Hungary is a member of the European Union. As you already know, this means that Hungarian citizenship will allow you to live and work anywhere in the EU. It is also a member of the Schengen Agreement.
As a Hungarian citizen, you are also able to stay 90 days in most of the Caribbean countries, as well as South America and Africa visa-free. Like Austria, Hungary enjoys positive relationships with most other nations. You won’t have to worry about international hostilities if you’re a Hungarian citizen.
Even though the UK may, in the future, no longer be a member of the European Union, it’s still a great country for dual citizenship. It provides many benefits for those who travel frequently.
Here are some of the benefits UK citizenship provides:
- Freedom of travel. You can travel to any states that are part of the British Commonwealth visa-free.
- Other than the commonwealth nations, you can also travel to 173 nations visa-free.
- England has 268 embassies in over 170 countries. If there’s ever an issue in any of these nations, you can seek support at one of these embassies.
- Despite Brexit, the UK has one of the most stable economies in the world.
The UK is a great choice for those who are looking for dual citizenship despite its high price of admission.
Regardless of the country you choose, dual citizenship can greatly enhance your life. It can give you more options when it comes to education. By removing limitations, it can make it easier to grow a thriving business. If you’re looking for a way to get a better quality of life for you and your family, Interpass can help. Contact us today!